2011′s Loving List . . .
Here we are . . . the final day of 2011 and although a couple of weeks ago I was saying “Good Riddance” and wishing 2011 a speedy exit, I have since then realized that 2011 was a fantastic year. . . truly fantastic. . . I think it was chock-full of lessons for me and the majority of them were ground breaking. . . They allowed me to grow and expand and the more contrast that showed up the more I learned and realized what I was doing to allow the contrast. . . Which in turn led to my learning, finally, how a few simple shifts in my thinking could turn it all around . . . I mean, THAT in itself was worth anything else I put myself through in 2011. . .
So, today, I’m inspired to do a little random list of things I’ve learned throughout the year, and in this physical life so far . . . Some I know for sure, others I’m still learning and comprehending . . . Others are unanswerable . . .
- I’m perfect just as I am and so are YOU. We’re not JUST enough . . . We are MORE than enough. We’ve got it all inside and the only thing we have to do is tap into that endless supply of awesome we came here to Earth with . . .Seriously.
- My parents did the best they could with what they knew and what they had. They are just people, humans, on their own journeys. . . I can’t hold them responsible for my life and the choices I’ve made. . .
- Look up every chance you get . . . I do this all the time. . . as I’m walking, wherever I am, I look up . . . at the sky, at the buildings, at birds flying by . . . I’ve realized there are so many incredible things going on up above . . . not only beautiful cloud formations but you never know what you’ll find hidden up above . . . Just make sure you don’t bump into anything or anyone. . .
- What I know and what I don’t know about LIFE is what MAKES life soooo interesting . . . I’m going to enjoy being IN the questions . . . Not knowing . . . Being in wonder . . .
- I love the people in my life … from my favorite human to my friends and family . . . how lucky am I?
- Our bodies are just our human suits . . . They are the vessels that contain our wondrous spirit. . . That’s all. Again, they are perfect in every way. Some of us are big and voluptuous, while others are small and compact. . . Some of us are darker in skin tone while others are fair and light. . . Our bodies are just bodies and what makes us loveable, unique and amazing has nothing to do with what our bodies appear to be. . . When I leave my human suit behind at the time of my departure from the physical, I’m hopeful people will talk about how I made them feel and not how curly my hair was or how in-shape or out-of-shape my body had been. . . In the end, it’s how we inhabit our bodies and not what we look like in them, that truly counts. I’ve been overweight and I’ve had a go-go dancer’s body. . . neither shape brought me happiness until I found happiness within. (I’m not saying it’s not important to keep a health body but loving the one you’ve got, no matter the shape or size, is at the top of the health list in my opinion.)
- I need to be more flamboyant . . . I need to be more daring in my style of clothing and maybe a little make-up here and there would be fun. . .
- Eccentric. That’s what I want to be. “Deviating from an established or usual pattern or style. Deviating from conventional or accepted usage or conduct especially in ODD or WHIMSICAL ways.” It’s interesting to me that ODD is used by Merriam-Webster in defining Eccentric. . . Well, I want to be ODD. . . Or odder . . .
- It’s easy to fall into a rut when you allow fear to keep you there. . . In a little hole. . . I just read a friend’s recap of his year and in one year, he has done more living than I’ve done in my 40 years here. I’m betting he doesn’t allow FEAR to play a big role in his life. That’s pretty fucking inspiring.
- Money has to become my best friend. . . After all these years, I still have the strangest relationship with Dinero. . . Money. . . Cash. . . I’m looking forward to repairing this strained relationship once and for all and Radiant 2012 is as good a time as any. I plan to make lots of money and in turn, spend and share lots of money . . . Money is beautiful and I love it so much. I haven’t given it the respect it deserves but all that has changed.
- The more I love myself the more I love others and all that is around me. Really. The more love I give to myself the more love is able to overflow into other areas of my life. It’s that simple. I still believe, at least for me, that I can’t GIVE anything to anyone else, if I don’t give it to myself first. LOVE is Numero Uno on that list. . .
- I love my art and I love to create the Magicalized Portraits for others to enjoy and use in their own lives. What an honor it is for me to get to co-create these permanent Life Manifesto portraits and get to know the magical people I’m working with in the process! It also brings me great joy to just be in my tiny studio and create, create, create!
- I am a Creative. Yes, A creative. Not creative, but A Creative. I live and breathe creativity and crave it at every single moment. I wake up wanting to create something – whether it’s art in my studio or writing something or singing a song, taking a photograph, making a video . . . A Creative’s work is never done because that’s what we’re here to do. . . CREATE, CREATE, CREATE!
- I don’t particularly enjoy the “normal.”
On The Road to Love ~ 2011
- I don’t particularly care for “reality” unless I’m making it up and it’s full of glitter and stardust and faces with SuperHuman masks and music and make-up, lotsa eyeliner, and joy and magical fairies dancing around, and stairways where each step lights up as you step on it, and there’s light sparkles in people’s eyes, and love is visible and bounces from one heart to another and . . . .
- I don’t particularly care for rules, especially in grammar. . . I like to begin sentences with AND or BUT and I’m planning to write an entire blog entry made up of one loooooong sentence. . . .
- I’ve survived WITHOUT television for over three months now and I’ve never been happier about a decision. Not only am I getting more things done than ever, there is a real PEACE that comes when the amount of hyped up stimuli is kept to a minimum. . . And yes, I know that at the start of 2011 I was in LOVE with OWN (The Oprah Winfrey Network) and I still love Oprah and wish her and the network much success, because this world needs a positive place on their television, but, in hindsight, my obsession with OWN was more about me running away from my life than me actually living it. Oprah wants us all to LIVE our BEST LIFE and I was surely not doing any of that. . . So, turning off my television, including OWN, has helped me get on the path towards an exceptional life! I’m hopeful some day soon I’ll be able to incorporate some OWN into my busy, creative, eccentric life . . . Until then, it’s TV OFF!
- I met Cheryl Richardson and Louise Hay in 2011 and that weekend spent with them changed my life in all ways . . . Two beacons of love and light and positive energy and shining examples of HOW TO CREATE AND LIVE AN EXCEPTIONAL LIFE!
- Last on my list, for today, is KINDNESS. Treating myself with kindness and compassion has been life changing for me this year. . . Who knew?
Thank you 2011 and thank you all for being a part of the journey . . . I’m sooooo excited for Radiant 2012 and having you all be a part of it!
© 2011 Gene-Manuel